Great airports for dogs
As a pet-friendly travel expert, here are some of the best airports for dogs:
- JFK International Airport, New York – JFK has several pet relief areas, including a 4,000-square-foot outdoor park complete with fire hydrants, doggie drinking fountains, and artificial grass.
- Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport, Minnesota – This airport has multiple pet relief areas, including two indoor locations and one outdoor location. There are also several pet-friendly restaurants throughout the airport.
- Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport, Arizona – This airport offers three pet relief areas, including one indoor location that is air-conditioned and features synthetic grass and a splash pad.
- Los Angeles International Airport, California – LAX features four pet relief areas, all equipped with waste disposal bags and receptacles.
- Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport, Georgia – This airport provides a 1,000-square-foot indoor pet relief area, as well as an outdoor pet park for dogs to run and play.
- Detroit Metropolitan Airport, Michigan – This airport has a fully-fenced outdoor pet relief area with waste disposal bags and receptacles.
Remember that rules and regulations at airports may vary, and it is important to check specific pet policies for each airport before traveling. Be sure to also keep your dog on a leash and clean up after them while in designated pet areas, and make sure your dog is comfortable and safe during travel.
Check some more useful information about traveling with your pup here