Best 11 travel hacks when traveling with a dog
As a pet-friendly travel expert, here are some of the best travel hacks to keep in mind when traveling with a dog:
- Book pet-friendly accommodations – Always double-check that the hotels or rental homes you are booking allow pets. Make sure to also ask about any additional fees and rules that you should follow.
- Bring a crate or carrier – A crate provides a safe and secure place for your dog to sleep and relax while traveling.
- Get your dog up to date on vaccinations – Before traveling with your dog, make sure that he or she is up-to-date on all necessary vaccinations.
- Bring plenty of pet-friendly supplies – Make sure that you have enough food, water, treats, poop bags, and any necessary medications for your dog while traveling.
- Use a harness or leash when outside – It is important to keep your dog safe and secure when outside. Use a harness or leash to help keep them under control.
- Take breaks for exercise – Make sure to take frequent breaks for your dog to stretch his legs, exercise, and relieve himself.
- Use a calming product – Travel can be stressful for dogs. Consider using a calming product like a pheromone spray or calming medication to help your dog relax.
- Prepare for emergencies – Keep important phone numbers, contacts, and emergency supplies on hand in case something happens while traveling.
- Check airline pet policies – If flying with a dog, check airline pet policies before booking. Make sure to also get a proper carrier and make a reservation for your pet in advance.
- Research pet-friendly destinations – Before choosing a travel destination, research whether or not it is pet-friendly. Look for places with dog-friendly attractions and restaurants.
- Pack familiar items – Bringing familiar items like your dog’s favorite toys or blankets can help them feel more at home while on the road.
By keeping these travel hacks in mind, you and your furry friend can travel stress-free and enjoy exploring new places together.
Check some more useful information about traveling with your pup here