Treasures of Turkey - Preview 2021
Treasures Of Turkey – Preview 2021
Explore the ancient sites of Ephesus and Troy, behold the grandeur of the Hagia Sophia and dive into the history of this fascinating country.
- Cappadocia: Indulge on a regional dinner before watching a spectacular Sema performance of Whirling Dervishes at a 13th century Seljuk Caravanserai.
- Istanbul: Toast the culmination of your tour with a lively Celebration Dinner at a popular local restaurant.
- Uchisar: Enjoy the unique flavours of Anatolia at Uçhisar Kadineli Restaurant, an establishment that provides employment for the women of the village.
- Dining Summary: 14 Breakfasts (B), 1 Lunch (L), 3 Dinners with Wine (DW) and 8 Dinners (D) all with tea and coffee.
- Cappadocia: Join a Cappadocian local who has lived in the city for decades and take a tour of their cave house, where you’ll learn more about their unique way of life.
Top Rated Highlights
- Istanbul: Enjoy a relaxing cruise on the Bosphorus, where you’ll pass Ottoman palaces, old mansions and fortresses.
- Bursa: Visit the Grand Mosque, the glorious Green Mosque and mausoleum.
- Ankara: Discover the mysterious Hittite civilisation and visit the mausoleum of Atatürk.
- Cappadocia: Visit Göreme Open-Air Museum, explore underground cities, rock cut churches, fairytale chimneys and the Pasabag Valley.
- Konya: Visit the beautiful Mevlana Tekke museum for an insight into the mystic Whirling Dervishes. See the Karatay Medrese and Ince Minaret.
- Antalya: Visit the world’s best preserved Roman Theatre in Aspendos.
- Pamukkale: See the cascading ‘Cotton Castle’ of milky white travertine pools.
- Ephesus: Tour one of the world’s finest ancient sites, visit the House of the Virgin Mary and Archaeological Museum.
- Pergamon: Visit Asklepion, one of the most famous shrines and therapeutic centres in the ancient world.
- Gallipoli: Pay your respects at Anzac Cove and Lone Pine Cemetery.
- Istanbul: Visit the Blue Mosque and St. Sophia museum and gain an insight into the lives of the Ottoman sultans at the fabulous Topkapi Palace.
Included Insight Services
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight’s luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with onboard washroom. Alternate vehicles without onboard washroom or 40 seats may be used on occasion.
- On departures with 8 or more guests, personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert’s fascinating commentary.
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included – you’ll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination.
- Complimentary transfers from/to Istanbul Airport are available on arrival and departure days, or with additional accommodation booked through Insight Vacations.
Welcome to Istanbul.
Bosphorus Cruise and Bursa.
Cumalikizik and Gordion.
The Underground Cities of Cappadocia Experience.
Through the Taurus Mountains.
Antalya's Old Town.
The Pools of Pamukkale.
Pergamon, Troy and Çanakkale.
Gallipoli and ANZAC Cove.
Istanbul and the Ottoman Empire.